Jul 1, 2012

BR 1-12: Frog and Toad Together


"But we can climb the ladder and take the box down from the shelf and cut the string and open the box," said Toad. (p. 39)


I think this book is very popular because originally this series are written in Japanese. I have read this story when I was child. There are five stories in this book.

First is about Toad's list. He is very meticulous. However, I often write a list of things to do when I have many things to do. After all, Toad lost his list by a strong wind, but Frog stayed with him. I think Frog is kind.

Second is about a garden. Frog has a good garden! It takes perseverance to grow flowers, so I think it is not suitable for Toad because he is impatient, but finally, his little green plants were coming up out if the round. It is very good!

Third is about cookies. They can’t stop to eat cookies. I can understand their feelings. I think that they should all eat anyway.

Forth is about bravery. I think fairy tale books are unconvincing. However, people longs to be a brave person. Then, Frog and Toad go to adventure. There are many dangerous things out of house. I think that they were enough safely.

Final story is about dream. I have heard that the dream is an ideal. Possibly Toad has an inferiority complex, but on the other hand, he has affection. I think he is cute because he suspected that Frog might disappear.

After all, they are very good friends. How I envy them!

Reference

Lobel,  Arnold. (2006). Frog and Toad Together.  New York, NY: Harper Trophy.
[275 words]

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Sakkun!!

    I want to read this book next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nana!
      Please read this book!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Sakura!
    This picture is cute.
    I want to read this book.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rina!
      Have a good day, too!

      Delete