Jul 6, 2012

Essay 1-03a: Language Learning History

I am going to write about my language learning history. I have learned some languages since my childhood. My parents are both Japanese, so they speaks Japanese. I also usually speak Japanese. However, I can speak and understand English little. Well, I write about my English learning history. After that, I will write about leaning German a little.

My first encounter with English is when I was a child attending kindergarten. An English teacher came our kindergarten. We sang some English songs, and learn English. We enjoyed Christmas party with him. However, I do not remember that thing at that time so clearly.

After I entered an elementary school, I began to go to KUMON. It was when I was a fourth grader. I learned English and Japanese there. I had to go there on Monday and Thursday a week. I also had many homework. It was very disagreeable for me, but I could learn English. I continued going to there for approximately four years. My English learning level was raised. It was very valuable experience for me. I have begun to come to like English from this time.

I entered a junior high school after I graduated an elementary school. We have English class there, so I faced English classes with confidence. It was easy for me to understand English in a junior high school. I enjoyed to learn English. I came to like English more and more. I think my English teacher was very wonderful to teach English. She made us happy in classes. We could enjoy during learn English.

I entered a high school. I belonged to synthesis course. I was invited by English course. However, I did not go that course because if I went English course, I had to attend extracurricular classes in morning. I wanted to learn English more harder, but I did not want to attend that, so I decided to learn English in synthesis course. Luckily, my class teachers are English teacher all the time for three years. I could ask some questions, and consult about learning English.

At last, I entered this university last year. I am in the department of Britain and United States, of course. I have to learn English more deeply. I had five required subjects when I was freshman. They are writing, reading, listening, speaking and English grammar. I learned hard. As a result, I took all credits. I have been learning English. I want to do my best from now on.

By the way, I have learned not only English but also German. I took German class when I was freshman. I was able to choose one from German and French and Spanish and Russian. I chose German. It was very difficult! The pronunciation is similar to English, but It is difficult for me to pronounce German words. The grammar is difficult, too. I had many hardships. However, I could took credit. I want to visit Germany because I want to try whether my German goes properly.

I have learned English since my childhood. I want to continue to learn English. However, I am insufficient to master English. Maybe, my English learning history is useful to learn English harder. I want to make more English learning history from now on.
[544 words]

12 comments:

  1. I don't like grammer. Please tell me how to learn grammer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Junpei!
      I want to know how to learn grammer, too!!

      Delete
  2. My friend of elementary school went to KUMON. But I didn't go to there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megumi!
      Did you went a cram?

      Delete
  3. When I was child, I sang English song too!!
    It was good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nanako!
      Singing English songs is interesting, but difficult too><

      Delete
  4. Your essay is good.
    You have learned English for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hikari!
      Yes, it is hard for me('^Ļ‰^`)

      Delete
  5. Your essay is good!!!
    I want to learning German at some future day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi^^
      German is very difficult!
      Hang on!lol

      Delete
  6. French is difficult, too!
    Do you want to study any languages except English and German?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mitsuki!
      I want to learn French!
      I want to pronounce "croissant" in French^^

      Delete