May 1, 2012

BR 1-02: The Fairground Ghost

The eerie howls of the little ghost echoed around the fairground.(p. 47)

I think this book is a heart-warming story. I was under the impression that "ghost" is very terrible. However, the ghost which is described on this story is cute and timid. "Ghosts" have to surprise and scare people, but he can't do them. I don't like ghosts. However, I like this ghost.  Jake who is the hero of this story was kind. I think that he has tender heart. I like him. Ghost's encounter with Jake was a turning point. He would remain much more coward if he did not come across Jake.

By the way, why Jake's parents and his sister are short for him? I felt uneasy about it.

Reference

Everett, Felicity. (2002). The Fairground Ghost.  London, England: Usborne.

[138 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment