Oct 7, 2012

BR 2-03: The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse

'It's good to be home again.' (p.19)

I think this story is famous. I like this story. Town mouse likes town's life, and country mouse likes country's life. Japan has a proverb "When in Rome do as the Romans do". I think it is best way to live in a place where is not local. However, everyone likes their hometowns the best.

I live in Kumamoto. I like Kumamoto, and I want to live here until die, but I long to live Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka. If I live in Tokyo or Osaka or Fukuoka, I will acclimate myself to the new land. However, I must certainly suffer from homesickness. It is the first to live in the place where the human being lived so long not only a mouse.

Reference

 Arengo.Sue. (1998). The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse. New York, NY: Oxfrord University Press.
[146 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment