Oct 20, 2012

BR 2-07: The Old Woman Who Named Things

She didn't like the idea of being a lonely old woman without any friends, without anyone whom she could call by name. (p.4)

I am glad because the old woman was not lonely finally. I named my iPod and my bicycle, but I feel loneliness like her, and it is because there is merely attachment not treasure. Incidentally, my iPod's name is Ashley and my bicycle's name is Natasha.

By the way, I was surprised that the old woman's car which named Betsy was so cool...! Her house, bed and chair were cute. I feel a sense of incongruity. If Lucky dies earlier than the old woman, it is that she becomes lonely again to be one worry.

Reference

 Brown, Kathryn. (1996). The Old Woman Who Named Things.  Florida, USA: VOYAGER BOOKS.
[132 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment