Jan 19, 2013

BR 2-18: Frog and Toad All Year

"I am so glad to be spending Christmas with you." (p.63)

This book is a series of Frog and Toad. I like this series very much, so when I found out this book in a library, I borrow it immediately. I borrowed a book of this series in spring semester, so I wanted to read other stories of this series. In this book, there are five stories.

First story is about winter. I thought frogs hibernate in winter, but Frog in this story is vigorous in winter. They ride on a sled. I have never ridden on a sled, so I want to do it. I think that it will be interesting. Toad returns in anger in the last of the story. I was slightly sad because I thought that close time was more suitable for Frog and Toad.

Second story is about coming of spring. I read this story and felt tender. Frog is a good talker. I thought that it was a story only by the English expression to "around the corner".

Third story is about ice cream. I love chocolate ice cream, too. The ice cream to eat in summer is very delicious! However, it is early to melt when I eat ice cream in summer. I ate ice cream for the middle to return from the university on foot in last summer, but it have melted in no time, so I really sympathize with Toad. It is to be able to say through an overall story, but he has a very handsome character.

Fourth story is about fallen leaves. It is terrible to clean fallen leaves. They were going to clean the dead leaves of the house of the partner secretly each other. I think they are quite considerate. I thought that it was pretty they failed, and to give up after all each other.

Final story is about Christmas. Toad is given to worrying! However, I can understand that feeling. Toad thinks that Frog is his dearest friend. I was impressed by the scene where Toad was going to go to help Frog. I want there to be them in good friends all the time.

Reference

Lobel, Arnold. (1976). Frog and Toad All Year. New York, NY: Harper Trophy.
[373 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment